2018 Summer is up! Are you seeking for how to buy the best above ground pool for your kids & your family members? If so, here is the right web page for you to read the given reviews and make your final choice properly. We have spent lots of hours on research, and analysis of above ground pools. We just make sure that all given reviews and details at TheBestAboveGroundPools.com can help you with the right choice. Remember that, all same style pools are not created equal! There have huge differences in materials, designs, sizes, manufacturers, and levels of quality. Even the same manufacturer, they will usually have models that are good and bad.
After finishing reading the given reviews and details including analysis, you will be able to gain some basic knowledge about above ground pools so that you can determine which ones fit your needs. Unbiased reviews and guides are also presented clearly so that you can check and learn how to pick the suitable above ground pools for your budget.
Let see! According to my opinion, people usually concern about 2 main types of common above ground swimming pools that are Soft-sided pool, and Hard-sided pool. So, just see how they are different from each other.
1. What is soft-sided pool?
The most important thing that defines a soft-sided above ground is that the wall of the pool is also its liner. The material used for the wall (lining) is canvas-like and waterproof. Therefore, soft sided pools are much easier to install because of this as it only needs a framework to keep this canvas up and in shape and it’s all done. They also aren’t as protected from sharp objects that get thrown by kids or blown by a gust of wind during a storm or something such as a sharp rock that can get propelled by a lawn mower.
Soft sided pools don’t come in as many sizes as the regular above grounds and they don’t last too long. I mention that, because most soft sided pools are cheaply made (Made in China). The vast majorities of these pools are sold through online stores and are really inexpensive. If you choose to get one of these, you may use it for one or two years. However, there are still some soft sided pools that are awesome and will last for years and years. They are made of much better materials that don’t rust nearly as much or nearly as soon and come with great standard fitting equipment.
- Price: Inexpensive – Commonly under $1,000 (even under $100) soft-sided pools fit within any budget.
- Easy to install: The only things you need are a flat surface and a few hours of time to get your pool up and running.
- Easy to buy: Many large retailers stock soft-sided pools in their seasonal sections.
- No additional equipment costs: Everything you need to set-up this above ground pool comes in the box.
- Easy to setup and using: It only needs a framework to keep this canvas up and in shape and it’s all done!
- Longevity: what you pay, what you get! Soft-sided pools last for a few seasons depending on your geographical area and pool maintenance
- Risk: With no protective shell, soft-sided swimming pools are susceptible to tears and punctures. Inclement weather, mowing the lawn and general use all puts your pool at risk.
- Hard to Maintenance: Soft-sided pool walls acts as a liner, making maintenance and repair difficult. If there is a puncture or hole, the entire unit generally must be replaced.
- Finding Level Ground: With a do-it-yourself set-up, finding a completely level ground in your backyard space can be tough and a huge downfall of soft-sided pools
The Best Top 10 Soft-sided Above Ground pools
- Intex Easy Set Swimming Pool (Highly recommend)
- Intex Swim Center Family Inflatable Pool
- BestWay Steel Pro 15′ x 48″ Frame Pool Set
- Bestway 118 x 79 x 26 Inches Deluxe Splash Frame Kids pool
- Intex 32ft X 16ft X 52in Rectangular Ultra Frame Pool Set
- Bestway 12′ x 36″ Steel Pro Frame Pool Set
- Intex 16ft X 8ft X 42in Prism Frame Rectangular Pool Set
- Bestway Steel Pro 12′ x 30″ Frame Pool Set
- vidaXL Rectangular Reinforced Steel 13′ 1″ x 6′ 9″ x 4′ Pool
- Intex 12ft X 30in Metal Frame Pool Set with Filter Pump
See How Soft-Sided Pools can be Installed:
2. What Is Hard-sided pool?
Hard-sided above ground pools are characterized by their durability and permanent location in a backyard setting. Professionally installed, hard-sided pools allow you to incorporate lush landscape, beautiful decks, and fun features for a more enjoyable environment. Hard-sided pools range from smaller size 12’ wide pools to the largest size – that can be up to 33’ across (or even bigger). These swimming pools can be made from resin, aluminum, or coated steel, or a combination of all, and can easily support large families, water sports, and decades of use. Because these pools are large and long lasting, choosing the pool location is extremely important. (Remember: Location setting is very important with Hard-Site above Ground Pools)
- Features: Hard-sided pools can host a variety of add-ons (Accessories) such as pool lighting, slides, and solar products..blar..blar.
- Longevity: Hard-sided pools are built to last. Made to withstand harsh winter conditions, there is no need to worry about taking your pool down to protect it from the elements in the off-season.
- Integration: Made to last many years, hard-sided pools are usually integrated into the landscapes of back-yards. Commonly accompanied by a deck, hard-sided pools are perfect to soak up the sun in.
- Easy to Replace Pool Liners: Replacing your hard-sided pool liner is necessary for maintenance. Luckily, above ground pool liners are easy to measure, order, and replace yourself. Available in overlap and beaded pool liner options, there is a style for any swimming pool type.
- Winterization: Hard-sided pools need to be winterized in order to be properly maintained through the cold-weather months. This process can add on a few extra hours to your weekend to-do list and requires the purchase of a winter pool cover.
- Maintenance Costs: Hard-sided swimming pools require additional maintenance costs compared to soft-sided pools. Additional purchases may include pool floats & games, automatic vacuums, and pool stairs.
- Price: Well! It may cost you much. (price range is around $2,000 to $5,000 or more). However, think about long run, hard-sided above ground pools are a cost-effective alternative that is still permanent, integrated, and fun to use!
See How Hard-Sided Pools can be Installed
The Best Top 6 Hard-Sided Above Ground Pools:
- Intex 16′ x 52″ Ultra Frame Swimming Pool Set.
- Summer Waves Elite 15-ft Round x 48-in Deep.
- Intex 24ft X 12ft X 52in Ultra Frame Rectangular Pool Set.
- Blue Wave Rugged Steel 24-ft Round 52-in Deep Metal Wall.
- Summer Waves Elite 18-ft Round x 52-in Deep.
- Rugged Steel 24-ft Round 52-in Deep Metal Wall.
10 Best Above Ground Pools 2018
Above ground pools included in this video include the rugged steel metal wall package, intex rectangular ultra, ipool deluxe, summer waves, embassy para100, intex oval frame set, heritage yosemite complete, intex easy set, bestway frame steel pro, and galeria complete. (source: Youtube.com)
3. Above Ground Pool Accessories
Why do you need to consider pool accessories?
Well! Whether you just want to lay back and relax, or need a way to keep kids entertained, you may want to take a look into the list that has the best pool toys and swim accessories. Besides, you may also need to buy some stuffs that repair your pools when they have been used for a long time. In that case, check out the poolside rock climbing wall or the floating volleyball net. pool equipment is crucially essential and important to keep the pool protected totally and ensure, and prolong the quality such as filtering, purifying and cleansing pool water. In other words, with good equipment, and accessories, a pool can provide a good swimming experience, and maximum pool efficiency, and optimum pool usage.
The list of common above ground pool accessories may include: Cleaners, Filters, Ladders, Liners, Covers, Pumps, heaters, and Skimmers. However, we don’t need all of them. Depending on your need and the pool type, you may need one or some of them.
Above ground pool cleaners are made specifically for pools with flat bottoms and are not intended to climb walls or deep end slopes. One more thing, above ground pool cleaners are cheaper than their in ground counterparts. They should work just as efficiently but, keep in mind, above ground pools often skimp on initial installation costs. Cutting these corners can put additional strain on both your pool filter and pump system and your cleaner. Before you invest a pool cleaner, make sure your filter and pump system are up to par.
If you are going to have a swimming pool, you must have a filter system that collects all the debris that can accumulate in a pool. In most areas there are actually legal requirements as to how quickly the water in the pool must go through the filtering system. There are three common types of swimming pool filters, D.E. (which stands for Diatomaceous Earth) Sand and Cartridge pool filters. Different regions of the country seem to have different preferences; personally my order would have D.E. first, then Sand, then cartridge filters.
3. Ladders & Step
We may need pools ladders & step for big size pools or hard-sides above ground pools. The choice of a pool ladder & Step, or stairs is something that will not only impact the design of your swimming pool, but the amount of space you will have available for swimming. Ask your pool builder near you for advice and advantages or disadvantages of the various styles of ladders, or steps for your family’s swimming pool. You may also view best ladders & step reviews for 2018 online for more options.
In my point of view, you just need to concern about pools liners when you have a hard-sided pool. Pool liners become very brittle around five to seven years after they’re installed. If your water level drops too quickly in your pool, it could indicate a leak. Check the liner around the skimmers, cleaner line, lights and steps and in the corners for any tears or separations. If you see any problem, here is the time to replace the liner. This is the very helpful post about Six Steps to Selecting the Perfect Pool Liner
Pool cover is crucial to keeping your pool safe with dirt, debris and unpleasant insects (this is main reason for you to have pool cover). However, prolonged use can eventually wear down the cover’s ineffectiveness (So, that why you need to buy a new one for replacement).
Pool pumps are very important for all type of pools. Pools builders usually said that Pool Pump is the heart and soul of your pool’s operation system; and It’s absolutely vital in keeping the water in your pool filtered and clean. Therefore, if you pick up the wrong pump, it may seriously affect your swimming enjoyment. So, just spend your time to read some value reviews about best Pumps for above ground pools; or research before pick up a right pump for your pool.
If you need relax with you pool in cold weather, you need pool heaters. With pool heaters you will be able to swim more months of the year and later into the evening. Extending your pool season just makes sense, but with a variety of heaters on the market it is important to consider which one will work right for your pool. Therefore, before choosing your pool heater, please consider some factors like: Pools size, Power Source, and then brand name
The Last Word
So, now you have the most over view about above ground pool. It clearly that buying, setting up, and having your own swimming pools really make sense. Therefore, choosing the right one can help you save time and money. In my point of view, above ground pool is most practical, economical, flexible, affordable and convenient option for swimming pools. It is one of the most popular types of swimming pool that people are using widely for relaxation, recreation, and fun.